Former President Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law issued a warning after Facebook removed her interview with the former commander-in-chief earlier this week.
Lara Trump posted screenshots of alleged emails sent by a Facebook representative saying that content in the “voice of Donald Trump” will be removed. A person close to the Trump Organization confirmed to The Epoch Times on March 31 that a video of an interview with Trump was taken down by the social media giant.
“I know that people that dislike Donald Trump might celebrate this and think, ‘Well this is great, we don’t want to hear from him anyway,’” Lara Trump told Fox News on March 26. “Every American should be outraged by this because today it’s Donald Trump; tomorrow, it could be you.”
The censorship, she said, “is something that happens in communist countries” and added that “the message here is they want to erase Donald Trump.”
“They want you to forget he ever existed. They don’t want you to see him, they don’t want you to hear from him. Look away, move on, shut up, and go on about your lives, forget Donald Trump existed. This is really scary stuff,” continued Trump, who is married to Eric Trump, in the Fox interview.
According to screenshots of the purported emails, a Facebook representative told her: “We are reaching out to let you know that we removed content from Lara Trump’s Facebook page that featured President Trump speaking.
“In line with the block, we placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram account, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the accounts.”
Facebook officials didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.
Another email from a Facebook staffer gave a “reminder” that content “in the voice” of Trump isn’t allowed on the social media platform, according to Lara Trump’s Instagram post.
“The guidance applies to all campaign accounts and Pages, including Team Trump, other campaign messaging vehicles on our platforms, and former surrogates,” it read.
In January, the former president was suspended from Twitter, Facebook, and other Big Tech platforms, which claimed that Trump was inciting violence or would incite further violence following the Jan. 6 riots.
Trump told Lara Trump that Twitter has since become “boring” without him and asserted that “millions” of people have left while promoting his newfound practice of sending out emailed press statements. Meanwhile, his adviser Jason Miller told news outlets last month that the former president is working to create a new social media platform, although details are scant.